Hi, hey & hello...


This my first post as I enter the hopefully wonderful world of blogging. Blogging has always been one of those things I have wanted to get round to doing but before now other things have taken its place. The aim of blogging is to express my views and to use it as a hobby which can be built up over time. Been a student with mild cerebral palsy has its challenges and extra hurdles but can be reward and I wouldn't change it for the world. (Good job really because I'm stuck with it)

Hi, I'm Chloe!

I have mild cerebral palsy which affects the left side of my body. I was diagnosed with it when I was in year 2. I wore a splint on my left leg during the day up until I was in year 6. I then changed to orthotic in my shoes and a night splint and this is still how it is at the moment. Over the years I have had Botox injections every 6 months for a few years and there was talk about serial casting but it never happened. I was born 8 weeks early and was in intensive care for a long time. They said if I did pull though then I wouldn't be able to walk, talk or do anything for myself. 15 and a bit years later I can talk (probably far too much, the challenge is to get me to stop). I can walk even if I seem to like the ground a lot more and fall over a lot. Finaly I am almost completely independent. Don't you just love it when you are able to prove them wrong! I have physio every 3 months and see my occupation therapist quite a lot at the moment due to school become more difficult.

I'm glad I have final jumped on the train of blogging and who know what the future holds.

~ Chloe x


Popular posts from this blog

A Parent's Perspective of Cerebral Palsy

What's it like to have a friend who has CP?

Observations from a Part- time Wheelchair User