National Diversity Award...

Hello!
As many of you may know I was absolutely amazed to be nominated for a National Diversity Award back in April. The support which I have got from this has been overwhelming and all the votes have been heartwarming to read. 

To be honest and truthful when spreading awareness is something that I believe to be extremely important. I am aware that the views that I hold are held my many disabled people who are in the exact same situation as myself, meaning we can all benefit from awareness on this topic. It means a great deal to me to be in a position where I am able to voice my opinion as there are others who are unable to do so. Being an advocate for others has increased my own confidence and in turn I hope the work that I do is able to support and encourage other people to voice their opinions or to remain positive when faced with adversity. Disability awareness is something that I am passionate about, especially the power to connect with other young people. When I was younger I did not know anyone who had Cerebral Palsy and found this extremely isolating. Therefore, the opportunity to reach out to people, letting them know that they are not alone and that having a disability does not have to be negative has been pivotal when carrying out some of my achievements.

Although my blog can support people with a disability, I hope it can act as a source of information to those who may be unaware of the effects of having a disability like Cerebral Palsy. Similarly, by talking about some of the more invisible things, like chronic pain, it can widen other people’s knowledge. It is vital that people who are able- bodied have a reliable source so they know the best way to support other people. On the other hand, I may have been nominated for such an award through my ability to look past barriers and attempting to turn experiences into opportunities to benefit myself and others.

For those of you who haven't already seen on my Facebook page (which can be found here) I am so grateful to be able to say that I have been shortlisted for a National Diversity Award and cannot wait to attend the award ceremony in September. The chance to be in a room full of people who are passionate and have a drive for their own cause is a chance I know will rarely occur. Within that room everyone is a worthy winner and to be around such positivity is so exciting, and of course a good excuse to buy a new dress!

I cannot thank everyone enough for voting and allowing me to get so far on a national scale!

~ Chloe x

Popular posts from this blog

A Parent's Perspective of Cerebral Palsy

When your mum becomes your PA...

A letter to my newly diagnosed self