What a start to summer!
- We talked about all sorts, from family and friends, to past experiences in hospital.
- We laughed when we all got matching pink hospital gowns, they certainly are not the most flattering of attire- but we took the role of the 'Pink Ladies' very seriously!
- They gave me advice on what food to order, and what to stay away from- heads up, the fish and chips are a no go... We quickly got to know the women who served food, but unfortunately we couldn't convince her to bring us more ice- cream, we EVEN offered to have the tub with multiple spoons, then all huddle around one bed.
- Jean became my hospital grandma, and even came to my bed and held my hand while I had a blood test (major needle phobia alert!) we just spent most of the time making each other laugh and offering cheesy life advice!
- Claire became my hospital mum and just generally made sure I was okay, being the most mobile on the ward she would pick things up off the floor for us :)
- Silvia ended up having a medication competition (what else do you do in hospital?) and being over 50 years my senior would not like it when I had to say my date of birth, sorry for making you feel old!
- Val had dementia and was so lovely, she didn't quite understand the concept of staying in bed though. Luckily enough between us we were on 'Val watch' and could reassure her whenever she forgot. We went along with her stories, even when this was that she refused to talk to my mum because she had had an affair with her husband (this is not the case!!!). However, she did call us Wonder Woman if we pressed our buzzer on her behalf!